Tuesday 24 January 2017

SLJ 2017 W3:D15

Activity 1:
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Swinging by Wassily.jpg
  1. What do you think of this painting? This painting looks really cool with all the bright colours spread around. It’s a very abstract picture.
  2. Do you like it? Yes
  3. If you could buy it and give it to someone, who would you choose? I would give it to my mum as she likes abstract art and would appreciate this art work.
Activity 2:
I would feel sad because I’ll probably never see my friends again. Also I would have to wake up early hours in the morning to work through the hot day, then go to sleep late and not get enough sleep.

Image result for kids 100 years ago

Bonus Activity:
I have visited the exhibition before and it’s crazy awesome. Here are three things I learned about the war visiting the Scale Of War.
  1. 850 men were killed in the battle for Chunuk Bair
  2. Nearly 3,000 soldiers were killed on Gallipoli
  3. Lottie hoped to see her brother, Leddie, again. She sent letters to him from July to November, only to get her letters returned telling her he had been dead for 4 months.
Related image

3 comments:

  1. Talofa Stevenson, you have been busy learning and sharing some wonderful findings! I agree with you in that the exhibition is truly awesome! I found it all so interesting and at times very emotional. It really is a collection that NZ can be so very proud of. It teaches you so much of what the war must have been like for the individuals represented in the exhibition. Keep up the posting Stevenson. You are preparing well for the year ahead in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stevenson,

    You really are preparing so well for the year ahead at college. I hope that you're getting excited for the big move to St Kent's. After this summer you will have a number of cool stories to share with your teachers and your friends. I think that we are so lucky to be able to go to school until we're well into our twenties (if we wish to). It is such a luxury that many people before us simply did not have.

    I know that I am extremely grateful to have been born in 1982 and not in 1882. I have been able to pursue my education well into my late twenties/thirties and now I have an amazing job that I love!

    Speaking of jobs, what are your plans, Stevenson? Do you know what you might like to do for a career? Have you thought that far ahead yet? You certainly have plenty of time to figure it out :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job Stevenson
    You are really doing well being so close to the end as well...
    Remember to keep up the good work right to the end
    Harrison

    ReplyDelete