Sunday 24 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey W3:D10

Famous New Zealand Sport: Tag Football
TAG.jpg
In this image is myself trying to run away from the defender on the opposing team. The sport I’m playing is tag football. I enjoy this sport as it is a non contact sport which keeps me fit and healthy. This photo was taken 2 years ago.
Sporting Heroes: Shaun Johnson (Left) and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

My sporting heroes are Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Shaun Johnson.  They are both international Rugby League players. Roger has been transferred from the Sydney Roosters to the NZ Warriors Club.  He has taken over homesick, fullback, Sam Tomkins. Shaun Johnson has been with the Warriors since his professional career signing. I love the two league stars as their very good at this sport and show great skills and athleticism.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stevenson!

    I really like the picture that you posted of you playing tag football. I actually used to play tag football when I was a high school student in Canada. The coach of the boy's football team decided to offer the girls a chance to play football and we used to compete against other schools in our spring time (May/June). I have great memories of running down field with a football in my hands! I must admit that we never played barefoot, however. It looks like fun!

    I also love it that you posted the picture of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Shaun Johnson. I am a huge rugby league fan and they are both very good at the sport. When I first moved to New Zealand I went see the Warriors play in Auckland and I have been a huge league fan ever since. I love the speed of league and the athleticism that the boys demonstrate. I also admire their physical strength as they are routinely tackled. I think that it must hurt! You are definitely clever to stick with the non-contact sports.

    Cheers,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete