Monday 11 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey W1:D4


Activity 1:
Title: The Long Way Home

Author: Andrew Klavan

Description:

Wanted for the murder of his best friend and for connections to a terrorist plot, Charlie is convinced he’s innocent. If only he could convince everyone else.







A year ago, Charlie West went to sleep a normal schoolboy. He woke up a convicted criminal with no memory of what happened to him. Now he’s on the run and desperate to get his life back.

Luckily, Charlie has a plan that could get him off the hook. To clear his name, he just needs to get back home to Spring Hill. But with both the cops and a terrorist organisation on his tail, getting home could be harder than he ever imagined…

Activity 2:


Title: Diary Of A Wimpy Kid

I recommend this book for curious kiwi as it has a interesting storyline, good vocab and awesome doodles. (I have read other D.O.A.W.K books as well!)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stevenson! Thanks so much for your thoughtful book review and book recommendation for Curious Kiwi. I always take one or more books with me when I travel as you can often find yourself stuck in bus terminals, train stations or airports for hours while you wait for the next leg of your journey to begin!

    I see that you have read a number of other DOAWK books. Which one was your favourite? I haven't read this series myself but I've heard that it's really, really good!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you when you have a spare minute:)

    It's great to see that you've made it through Week 1 now and have departed for your overseas adventure! I'll look forward to blogging with you as you make your way around the country.

    Safe travels!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rachel,

      Its hard to choose my favourite DOAWK book as I love them alll!

      Delete
  2. Hi Stevenson,

    I am sure that it must be very hard when they are all so entertaining and well written! I completely understand.

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete