The world is a very big and very cool place. There are currently 196 countries and approximately 7.1 billion people living on earth. For this project we are going to focus on 6 countries across 6 continents:
- Canada - North America
- Malaysia - Asia
- United Kingdom - United Kingdom
- Germany - Europe
- Chile - South America
- New Zealand - Australasia
Day 1 Activities
Please click on the ‘World Map’ tab on the main menu. It will bring you to a big map. The map has six pins, one for each of the six countries. Click on the name of each country to read the Quick Facts about that place. After you have finished reading about the six countries you must choose ONE country that you would like to visit. In your blog list the name of the country and explain why you have chosen to travel to that country. You will need to remember the country that you have chosen because you will be visiting it each day.
Malaysia: Blog Post 4pts.
After reading the quick facts I would like to visit malaysia as I want to explore the awesome beaches and rainforests; things they’re known for. Also experience the capital Kuala Lumpur to see the colonial buildings and skyscrapers especially the iconic 451m-tall Petronas Twin Towers.
Extra Facts: 3pts.
- Malaysia shares land borders with Thailand, Indonesia and Brunei and is linked to Singapore by a causeway and bridge.
- The Petronas Towers have remained the tallest buildings in the world from 1998 to 2004 and are still regarded as the world's tallest 'twin' buildings.
- Some of the popular sports played in Malaysia include football, badminton, field hockey, bowls, tennis, squash, martial arts, sailing, horse riding, and skateboarding (Mostly ones I don’t play).
- The national animal of Malaysia is the endangered Malayan Tiger which averages 8ft 6in(259 cm) for male and 7ft 10in(239 cm) for female.