Wednesday 13 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey D5:A3 (Bonus)

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Jesse Owens image.jpg
Jesse Owens
Jesse Owens was a black American athlete who participated in the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, Germany. He is considered to be one of the bravest and most inspirational Olympic athletes because he competed at a time when the leader of Germany (Adolf Hitler) did not want black men competing at the Olympic Games. The picture above is of Jesse from the 1930s. Someone in my family that inspires me is my uncle Christian Erick. He inspires me as he has achieved many things in his karate career including two gold medals as you can see in the photo of him below.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stevenson!

    Wow, I had no idea that your uncle had won two gold medals in karate. When did he win them? He certainly sounds like someone who would be very inspiring to have in the family. I hope that you are able to spend plenty of quality time with him, to learn from him and to benefit from his wisdom and experience.

    I have never personally tried karate but, from what I understand, it's very challenging both physically and mentally. I really admire him for being so dedicated to the sport. Does he inspire you to want to take up karate?

    Keep up the great work with your blogging, Stevenson. As always, I really love reading your posts!

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete